P.J. O’Rourke turns 61 today. That’s about all I’ve got, so let’s just get to the friday5.org Friday Five.
1. When did you last use the edge of a coin (or a knife blade) as a screwdriver?
I don’t know that I’ve ever used a coin for that purpose, and I’ve certainly never used a knife blade for that purpose because I hate knives. I think that the last time I needed to go MacGyver, I wound up using the edge of a putty knife that was laying around. That worked about as well as you’d imagine.
2. When did you last use a wire coat-hanger to break into a car?
Never. Whenever I’ve locked my keys in my car I had Dad come by with a spare. Now I just have to hope that AAA will do a better job than they’ve done for me with other things recently.
3. When did you last use food or drink as medication?
Too much lately, given I got socked by back-to-back colds and I’m still getting headaches from the last vestiges of that second bug. There’s nothing like orange soda to soothe a sore throat.
4. When did you last use your cellular telephone as a flashlight?
Never, but then again I have excellent night vision.
5. When did you last use a paper clip for any purpose other than to clip paper?
Given that I keep my cell phone in the same pocket I keep my tissues in, I have to use the tip of a paper clip to clean out the gunk that collects in the AC adapter hole every once in a while.
One thought on “People from Toledo whose last name isn’t Theplumber”
i once used a paperclip to scrape gunk from tile grout. happy friday =)